back to tribal forums section [gen6] Live Video/Audio Streams (Share Info)
Please, submit links & pages with Festival & Club EDM Video Streaming Broadcasts & WE WILL TRY TO RECORD THEM!!!
NEXT PAGE
page 2



slashProDanceCulture wrote on 2018-04-08 06:07:17April 8th, 2018 at 6:07am
slash's profile picture
not sure if you guys know, there's a half-ass method of ripping be-at.tv streams with livestreamer. i must state right away, if there is more than 1 "be-at.tv stream id" involved, livestreamer will most likely produce huge video file which will only play 5 minutes and will need fixing, BUT! it is still OK for mp3 converter feature.. basically, with livestreamer one can download lowest quality mp4 from be-at.tv which will contain only audio, but be still flv/mp4, so it needs to be converted to mp3 after... but in any case, this is command that i use:

1 wrote:
livestreamer BEAT_URL worst -o FILENAME.mp4


worst is for quality, which basically cuts down on data transfer.. after download is complete, it can be converted to mp3 with something like this:

2 wrote:
for %%a in ("*.mp4") do ffmpeg -i "%%a" -map 0:0 -acodec libmp3lame -ac 2 -ab 192k "%%a.mp3"

but that is ONLY in case you did "worst" quality, because then audio track is the only track and it becomes 0th track in 0th format.. if video download quality is ANYTHING but worst, then there will be video track along with audio track, and audio track becomes 1st, not 0th in the "list", so command changes by one digit:

3 wrote:
for %%a in ("*.mp4") do ffmpeg -i "%%a" -map 0:1 -acodec libmp3lame -ac 2 -ab 192k "%%a.mp3"

but thanks to stupid ffmpeg thing and the streams that be-at.tv produces, mp3 converting process car report like millions of errors, which will significantly slow down the process of conversion, because all these error messages have to be sent to terminal (cmd.exe in this case), so it cab be avoided by telling ffmpeg to be quiet, in case of faulty multi-id stream this actually saves double or triple time... so gotta add "-loglevel 0" to the command. it will not show any progress, i think, but in any case, it's way faster...

final wrote:
for %%a in ("*.mp4") do ffmpeg -i "%%a" -loglevel 0 -map 0:0 -acodec libmp3lame -ac 2 -ab 192k "%%a.mp3"


hopefully this helps someone...
munkynstarrunner/dev/null wrote on 2018-04-08 21:22:41April 8th, 2018 at 9:22pm
munkyn's profile picture
slash wrote:
not sure if you guys know, there's a half-ass method of ripping be-at.tv streams with livestreamer. i must state right away, if there is more than 1 "be-at.tv stream id" involved, livestreamer will most likely produce huge video file which will only play 5 minutes and will need fixing, BUT! it is still OK for mp3 converter feature.. basically, with livestreamer one can download lowest quality mp4 from be-at.tv which will contain only audio, but be still flv/mp4, so it needs to be converted to mp3 after... but in any case, this is command that i use:

1 wrote:
livestreamer BEAT_URL worst -o FILENAME.mp4


worst is for quality, which basically cuts down on data transfer.. after download is complete, it can be converted to mp3 with something like this:

2 wrote:
for %%a in ("*.mp4") do ffmpeg -i "%%a" -map 0:0 -acodec libmp3lame -ac 2 -ab 192k "%%a.mp3"

but that is ONLY in case you did "worst" quality, because then audio track is the only track and it becomes 0th track in 0th format.. if video download quality is ANYTHING but worst, then there will be video track along with audio track, and audio track becomes 1st, not 0th in the "list", so command changes by one digit:

3 wrote:
for %%a in ("*.mp4") do ffmpeg -i "%%a" -map 0:1 -acodec libmp3lame -ac 2 -ab 192k "%%a.mp3"

but thanks to stupid ffmpeg thing and the streams that be-at.tv produces, mp3 converting process car report like millions of errors, which will significantly slow down the process of conversion, because all these error messages have to be sent to terminal (cmd.exe in this case), so it cab be avoided by telling ffmpeg to be quiet, in case of faulty multi-id stream this actually saves double or triple time... so gotta add "-loglevel 0" to the command. it will not show any progress, i think, but in any case, it's way faster...

final wrote:
for %%a in ("*.mp4") do ffmpeg -i "%%a" -loglevel 0 -map 0:0 -acodec libmp3lame -ac 2 -ab 192k "%%a.mp3"


hopefully this helps someone...




thanks Slash and thankyou everyone who uploaded the mixes for this (FC, Alex)!!! :thankyou:
ocal5staruser wrote on 2018-04-09 08:11:10April 9th, 2018 at 8:11am
ocal5's profile picture
Wow, didn't expect that much share of data about this event :) thanks.
Is that that useful to convert to MP3 ? Why not an -acodec copy to keep quality ?

Also, is there an 1Mb/s Arte stream ? They usually do a decent 2.5Mb/s, and, that time, audio was very nice : 192k aac @48k  with 20khz cutoff.

No replay so far, and sometimes quality is better as live.

Thanks for log tip, slash.
slashProDanceCulture wrote on 2018-04-09 08:55:46April 9th, 2018 at 8:55am
slash's profile picture
ocal5 wrote:
Wow, didn't expect that much share of data about this event :) thanks.
Is that that useful to convert to MP3 ? Why not an -acodec copy to keep quality ?

Also, is there an 1Mb/s Arte stream ? They usually do a decent 2.5Mb/s, and, that time, audio was very nice : 192k aac @48k  with 20khz cutoff.

No replay so far, and sometimes quality is better as live.

Thanks for log tip, slash.

it was about be-at.tv, they always do 192kbps audio. plus i don't think -acodec copy would do it, because we're converting to mp3, and video usually has audio as m4a or aac.
ocal5staruser wrote on 2018-04-09 09:21:13April 9th, 2018 at 9:21am
ocal5's profile picture
Indeed. Is that a scene rule or is someone using an MP3 only player nowadays ?
slashProDanceCulture wrote on 2018-04-09 11:27:46April 9th, 2018 at 11:27am
slash's profile picture
i don't know.... if none-mp3 formats are shared, usually someone shares mp3 later, so...
umpftaUploader wrote on 2018-04-09 16:12:22April 9th, 2018 at 4:12pm
umpfta's profile picture
But please guys, NEVER do use livestreamer for ripping video from be-at.tv.

As you know slash, be-at.tv sometime is missing chunks in the best quality. If livestreamer would use a lower quality chunk in this case, or even would go to the next chunk, this could result in asychronous audio/video.
slashProDanceCulture wrote on 2018-04-10 04:16:31April 10th, 2018 at 4:16am
slash's profile picture
i've written above there, that is method can be erroneous, and with multiple "pieces" on be-at.tv, video file will end up huge but unreadable sometimes. that is why i've listed pretty much the method for sound-only download with livestreamer.

recently be-at.tv has been doing this maybe on purpose, but when i personally see that their broadcast starts with stream ID 5000 and ends with ID 5005 - i do not want to deal with that anymore... downloading multiple streams and putting them beat files together and then doing mp4s together and then converting to mp3... annoying..

ps. be-at..tv has audio and video together in every chunk, so there will not be asynchronous sound problems, in cases of missing chunks, there will be frozen video for a few seconds and missing audio...
page 2
NEXT PAGE





Quick-Jump :

download → Raffa FL - live at Do Not Sleep presents Cuckoo Land 2017 (Ibiza Rocks Hotel) - 11-Jun-2017
Raffa FL - live at Do Not Sleep presents Cuckoo Land 2017 (Ibiza Rocks Hotel) - 11-Jun-2017
download → D'Julz - fabric x Bass Culture Promo Mix - January 2018
D'Julz - fabric x Bass Culture Promo Mix - January 2018
download → Dimitri B2B Remy Unger - live at Awakenings 20 years (Gashouder, Amsterdam) - 13-Apr-2017
Dimitri B2B Remy Unger - live at Awakenings 20 years (Gashouder, Amsterdam) - 13-Apr-2017